In the understanding of many people, website creation it's easy. It is, there is nothing difficult in making a template or buying it, and then uploading it to the hosting. But still, many continue to make mistakes when creating a site, as a result of which it follows:
- Poor performance.
- Low traffic.
- Low earnings from ads.
The most common mistakes and how to avoid them?
There are, several subtleties, that you should pay special attention to avoid unwanted mistakes:
- thinking through the structure
- competent template design
- color spectrum
- download speed, etc.
To analyze all such aspects, you can apply special Internet services. They will help everyone learn more about the quality of their internet resource.
- Unique domain name. Because it is the address of your site on the Internet. Also, when you create a name for an Internet resource, you need to make it understandable and easy to remember. Don't forget that the domain should briefly inform the user about the subject of the site.
- Design and responsiveness. In the process of creating a website, particular attention should be paid to its design. To do this, you can apply special editors, for example, Adobe Photoshop, or Figma online service. Having to draw a beautiful template in which the basic rules of a web design are observed (a distance between the elements, the location, a color palette, etc.), you need to think about its adaptability. A beautiful template for PC will not display correctly on phones. To check the responsiveness of the template, you can use the special browser mode Device Toolbar. It will allow a person to see how his layout looks on different displays. Design creation is not an easy task, so as not to waste time and delay development, you can buy various ready-made HTML responsive templates for the site.
- Content. Informational texts on websites should be well written and have a clear structure. A sheet of text often scares off potential visitors. The text should include:
- Subheadings of various levels.
- Italic and bold emphasis (where appropriate).
- Download speed. You can check the download speed using special online services. The slow loading speed is due to the abundance of heavy images. It is better to use low-quality pictures in articles and add to them the ability to view the image in full quality by clicking. The high-resolution image should open in a new tab. The site loading speed will increase significantly.
These are the most basic mistakes that arise when developing a website, from a design to uploading to hosting. We'll talk about the errors that occur when promoting a site in the next article.